Dongle (Deskey DK2) Device Driver Installation
Our software is protected by a hardware dongle. In order for it to operate correctly you first need to install the device driver by following these instructions:
- Remove the dongle from the PC. (This step is very important as failure to do this could result in it failing to be recognised by the software following the installation of the new device drivers).
- Login as a user with "Administrator" privileges.
- Download the latest dongle device driver installation program.
- Install the new device drivers by unzipping the downloaded file then running dk2wn3264_7_43_0_69.exe.
- The install program will then ask where the DK2 [the security dongle] can be found. Make sure "This Machine" is selected.
- Reboot the PC if prompted to do so.
- Attach the dongle to a spare USB port on the PC.
- If you get the "Found New Hardware" wizard when you insert the dongle make sure that "Install the software automatically" option is selected and press "next". This should correctly match the installed driver to the dongle.